89% of customers start their buying process with a search engine (Biznology)
Do you need more arguments?
Here are some of the most impressive data about Search:
- 2.3 million searches per second only on Google! Click & Tweet! (Expandedramblings)
- On average, organic search leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to 1.7% for outbound marketing leads Click & Tweet!
- The first 5 organic results account for 67.60% of all the clicks Click & Tweet! (MOZ)
- Running a PPC and SEO campaign at the same time can drive to an increase in profits up to 27% according to a BrightOak study Click & Tweet!
- Nearly half of digital marketing budgets are spent on search, with 31% on paid search and 18% on SEO Click & Tweet! (MarketingProfs)
- U.S. spending on paid search and organic optimization will top $45 billion by 2019 Click & Tweet! (MediaPost)
- 70 to 80% of users ignore the paid ads focusing on the organic results Click & Tweet! (imFORZA)
- 50% of consumers visit a store within a day after their local search on a smartphone Click & Tweet! (DMP)
- 18% of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day Click & Tweet! (Google)
- 72% of worldwide marketers said content marketing was the most effective SEO tactic Click & Tweet! (Ascend2)
- In December 2015 Google had 94% of the worldwide mobile search market share. Click & Tweet! (Netmarketshare)
- 61% of consumers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile friendly website Click & Tweet! (Brightlocal)
- On average, B2B influencers do 12 searches prior to visiting a specific website Click & Tweet! (Google)
- 57% of B2B marketers say SEO has the biggest impact on lead generation Click & Tweet! (NewsCred)
To drive a part of these searches to your website there is only two solutions, invest money in paid search or in SEO.
SEO is the only way to increase your organic traffic, which is according to a BrightEdge study published in 2014 is the first web channel accounting for 51% of the total web visits. In B2B, Search is even more effective than in other industry driving up to 77% of the total traffic.